Beltane is celebrated on May 1st and marks the beginning of the growing season. It is halfway between the spring equinox and the summer solstice and along with Samhain, devices the year in two. Samhain is about honoring death while Beltane is all about life.
Beltane is the celebration of Bel,…
- Other Names: Imbolq, Olmeic, Candlemas, Brigits Day, Bride Day
- Date: February 2 (Greater Sabbat/Cross Quarter)
- Celebration of: The God is a young child growing in size and strength
- Related Holiday: Valentine’s Day
- Colors: Pink or Pale Green (1)
Look! I was not ignoring you loverly people! I was creating ART! *gasp* LOL
This is hanging on my front door.
Imbolc/Candlemass/Brighid’s Day - Celtic Holiday (Pagan holiday) celebrated on February 2nd.
During Imbolc, there’s often snow and ice on the ground, despite the fact that this is a fire festival! Why not celebrate by combining fire and ice to create your very own ice candles?
There’s an old custom of…
Happy Yule / winter solstice to all my fellow pagan, neopagan, heathen, wiccan and muggle friends alike :)
I am going to celebrate by spending the day with my Love, and later we will be going to watch the Montol festivities in penzance, then off to go and see The Hobbit!